Let our staff recommend a selection of fine wines and accessories for the connoisseur in your life. Based on a few helpful hints we can customize the perfect gift that will challenge, educate and satisfy any palate.
Here are some things to consider when preparing a gift:
- What do they like to drink? Some people have very diverse tastes and enjoy a wide variety of flavors while other people seem to like only Cabernet for some reason. Do a little detective work. We'll do the rest.
- How would you score their wine savvy on a scale of 1 to 10? A score under 5 would suggest that we should stick with some straight-forward choices. 6 to 8 means they might appreciate some of the classic wines of Europe. A score of 9 or 10 means the gloves are off, obscure blends from unknown places to challenge to most discriminating sommelier.
- Have they been to a wine producing area? A nice gesture can turn into an act of great thoughtfulness with just a little consideration. If they went to Sardegna for their honeymoon ten years ago, a couple of bottles of Cannonau can bring back all those feelings of romance and nostalgia.
- Do they have all the gadgets? Rather than giving the standard two or three bottles of wine, consider giving a wine decanter and one really nice bottle to pour into it. Now you've given both a delicious gift and a fun activity combined with a science experiment and a beautiful hand-made piece of glass that can be enjoyed for years to come.
- Do they like to read? Everybody needs a good wine book.
Personalized, wine based gift packages are available for any budget and we will ship anywhere in the States, where permitted.